- About EFC
- Our Schools
- Our Approach
Epic, EFC’s newest school and a national Next Generation Learning Challenge winner, opened August 2014 in the Fruitvale neighborhood of East Oakland (1112 29th Ave). Epic currently serves 168 6th grade students for the 2014-2015 school year and will grow to serve over 500 6th-8th grade students by the 2016-2017 school year.
At Epic, students see themselves as heroes in their own Epic journey. Epic is a science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) school offering a unique educational experience to fully engage students in a rigorous curriculum and bring joy to learning through a personalized and immersive educational experience.
For a deeper overview of the academic model, view this narrated presentation (22 minutes in length).
Address: 1112 29th Avenue, Oakland, CA 94601
Phone Number: 510-689-2035
Principal: Michael Hatcher
Director of Personalized Learning: Francis Abbatantuono
Office Manager: Cristina Gurrola, firstname.lastname@example.org
The following documents are required by the Alameda County Board of Education to be publicly available.
- EFC Inspires Other Educators!
- Epic named as Ashoka/Lego Foundation Re-Imagine Learning Finalist!
- October Message from Hae-Sin
- Epic School Model highlighted on KQED Mind/Shift
- EFC-Seneca ‘All-In’ Partnership Illustrates Power of Intervention
- Epic Awarded NGLC Grant & National Recognition as a ‘Breakthrough’ School Model